Today marks the end of National Volunteer Week 2017 which provides a great opportunity to say thank you to the many of you who have chosen to give by volunteering across many areas of the School. We would like to thank those of you who choose to volunteer at Saints for the tremendous value you add to the School by enhancing the lives of the boys as well as providing multiple opportunities for others to engage with the Saints community.
Last year our volunteer team gave in excess of 10,000 hours of their time to assist the community both inside and outside the School gates and your efforts and commitment are greatly appreciated.
Below are some examples of how our volunteers support the School:
- Helping boys with their reading through the Learning Assistance Program.
- Assisting with the upkeep of the Chapel for example, cleaning the brass and silver and preparing the kneeler display.
- Helping preserve the history of the School by sorting, describing, cleaning, and boxing archive records and memorabilia.
- Meticulously covering the books in the Junior School Library so that their life is prolonged.
- Helping to cater for our hungry boys at sporting events and helping out with scoring and umpiring.
- Helping maintain Old Collegians relationships with the School through the SPCA.
- Bringing lovers of Music together at Concerts and purchasing new musical equipment.
- Fundraising for causes both inside and outside the School gates.
- Holding friend-raising events that bring together parents, incorporating them into the life of the School.
- Managing the Used Uniform Shop, which does such an outstanding job in both providing affordable clothes for Saints families and funds for the Mission.
- Supporting the School in their philanthropic endeavours as a member of the Foundation Board resulting in more scholarships and improved facilities for the boys.
- Guiding the School as a member of the Council of Governors to ensure we achieve our vision of being a world-class school.
We could not achieve all that we do at Saints – for our boys, our families and our wider community – without this voluntary support. THANK YOU!
If you are interested in finding out more about volunteering opportunities at St Peter’s College please contact Anthea Bowler, Advancement Coordinator, on 08 8404 0527 or ABowler@stpeters.sa.edu.au